A journalist at Yahoo! Finance is penning a piece on how buyers can make themselves stand out from the crowd. After all, with as many as 25 buyers vying for one property in certain cases, it's brutal out there so what can you do to beat off the competition? Examples might be…
- Have all your finances in order
- Have all your ducks in a row (metaphorical not literal)
- Be a cash buyer (yeah, as if)
- Write a persuasive letter (or a poisoned one?)
- Be ready to move quick
- Be chain-free (property chain, not Rousseau)
I won't put ‘be mortgage ready’ and ‘choose a great broker’ because I suspect that will be a popular response anyway. That's fine but try and think a bit more off the wall, too. Deadline is COB.