At 10am today, an official report was published: Trust in Government UK 2022. The main points were:
- 35% of the UK population stated that they trusted the national government, which is lower than the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) average (41%).
- 42% of the population reported that they trusted local government and 55% trusted the Civil Service.
- Trust in public services was higher than trust in the national or local governments, with the NHS the most trusted public service (80%), followed by the courts and legal system (68%).
- 75% of the population believed that the UK government should place a higher priority on creating conditions for businesses to thrive, 64% said they should place higher priority on reducing climate change and 54% believe they should place higher priority on reducing the national debt.
We asked small business owners three questions:
- Do you trust the current Government?
- What are your views on politicians and the UK political system as a whole?
- What do you think of public services in this country?