On Wednesday morning at sparrow's fart (07:00), the Nationwide is publishing its May House Price Index. Selection of questions for you:
- How active was the property market in your neck of the woods in May? Quieter due to rising interest rates and rabid inflation?
- There are growing signs that the rate of house price growth is slowing. But will prices fall or will they be supported by the lack of supply?
- Sentiment is being hit for six by inflation. Do you expect deteriorating sentiment to drag on prices during the rest of the year?
- A lot of people point to the robust jobs market as supporting the property market, but do you think a recession is on the cards, or worse?
- Will all the stress testing undertaken by the banks come to the rescue of mortgagees if rates rise a lot further? Or will the whole thing collapse anyway?
- What's the price of a can of Winalot these days?
I'll probably pin you if you can get the word 'Kafkaesque' into your response, in the right context of course. If you've never read Kafka, don't. Well maybe The Metamorphosis. The rest is tosh.