This morning (7th April) @ 09:30, the Office for National Statistics is publishing a comprehensive study of loneliness by local authority in the UK.
The report will analyse the different factors that cause loneliness, from the individual characteristics of a person and their private and work lives to the area in which they live.
It's likely to get a fair amount of media pick-up and we're looking for views from mental health and wellbeing experts that we will send to the media ahead of the report's publication.
Feel free to send a few quick thoughts across, but questions to answer might be:
- Has loneliness increased since the pandemic began?
- To what extent is loneliness nature, and to what extent nurture?
- What are the main causes of loneliness (beyond lockdowns)?
- Does social media usage increase or reduce loneliness?
- How can people extract themselves from loneliness?
Please be short and punchy with your alert_responses. As ever, no need for an essay!