I'm looking to get comment from mortgage brokers and/or lenders on rate rises in the residential and buy-to-let markets. This is for the cover feature for Mortgage Strategy. Interested in comments on:
- Are rate rises fuelling short-term demand, as borrowers look to lock in now ahead of future increases?
- Are there areas of market particularly affected, e.g. certain types of product (resi- or BTL ) , two or five year fixes, or at particular LTVs?
- Is this creating problems for brokers? Are you offering rates, only to see them disappear before customer confirms deal?
- Are lenders doing enough to help - or are they too quick to withdraw products? Do some give notice of rate withdrawals?
- How can brokers help clients navigate a difficult, and rapidly changing market?