On Wednesday morning (7th April) @ 09:30, the Office for National Statistics is publishing a comprehensive study of loneliness by local authority in the UK.
The report will analyse the different factors that cause loneliness, from the individual characteristics of a person and their private and work lives to the area in which they live.
It's likely to get a fair amount of media pick-up and we're looking for views from mental health and wellbeing experts that we will send to the media ahead of the report's publication.
Feel free to send any thoughts across, but questions to answer might be:
- Has loneliness increased since the pandemic began?
- To what extent is loneliness nature, and to what extent nurture?
- What are the main causes of loneliness (beyond lockdowns)?
- Does social media usage increase or reduce loneliness?
- How can people extract themselves from loneliness?
Please be short and punchy with your alert_responses. As ever, no need for an essay. Three or four paragraphs is perfect.